RSS Feed
Up for a Bible challenge this month? Want to participate then share your reports of what God is doing? Then click HERE!

God Walked Into My Bathroom Today

He put His arm around me and we stared at each other in the medicine cabinet mirror a minute. With a toothpaste ring around my mouth and a pink toothbrush sticking outta my face I mumbled "Can't you knock? I'm brushing my teeth ova here!"

Did that really happen to me? Of course not. I'd have to be bat crazy to believe it did. I wouldn't believe anyone who said it did. In fact, I'd probably laugh and snort a few times before asking when the last time was they had a CAT scan. Kenneth Copeland said something similar once except he was shaving at the time. Not disturbed at all by the divine intrusion, he kept right on shaving while he claims Jesus put His arm around him and proceeded to tell him all about how He'd been born again in Hell.
 CBS News

First you gotta wonder...did he even think about what he was going to say before saying it? Even if that was true some things are just better left unsaid. Is this type of thing even possible? In trying to be objective God can do anything He wants. He's God. If He decides to burst into the bathroom on you one day He can do it. Sure it's not something God's ever done to a person and you'd be dead if He did but...

Now let's look at Kenneth Copeland's take on things objectively. Maybe he imagined it and he's the one that's bat crazy. That's very possible. It's also possible he made the entire thing up to deceive people into following him thus sending him their money for that nifty jet he owns. Either God's a liar or Kenneth's a liar. I'm willing to bet it's the latter. But before I throw my kazoos, loose change and favorite pink fuzzy socks in the pot, I want to make sure my "bet" is valid by testing what he said.

Since our standard for judging "revelations/visions/prophecies" is the Bible then that's where I'll go and compare the few who have had intimate meetings with God Himself to Copeland's shaving incident.

Isaiah the Prophet saw God...

"In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord, high and exalted, seated on a throne; and the train of his robe filled the temple. Above him were seraphim, each with six wings: With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying. And they were calling to one another:    'Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory.'
At the sound of their voices the doorposts and thresholds shook and the temple was filled with smoke.
'Woe to me!' I cried. 'I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the LORD Almighty.'” Isaiah 6:1-5
Isaiah's reaction wasn't one of indifference to where he continued doing what he was doing. His first reaction was utter terror, absolute awe, reverence and pronounced a curse...on himself!

The Apostle John saw Jesus and fell on his face as though dead...
 "When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last.  I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades." Revelation 1:17-18

the Prophet Ezekiel saw God...
"This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. When I saw it, I fell face down, and I heard the voice of one speaking" Ezekiel 1:28
The Prophet Daniel saw God... 
 “As I looked, thrones were set in place, and the Ancient of Days took his seat. His clothing was as white as snow; the hair of his head was white like wool. His throne was flaming with fire, and its wheels were all ablaze.A river of fire was flowing, coming out from before him. Thousands upon thousands attended him; ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him. The court was seated, and the books were opened." Daniel 7:9

Paul met Jesus on the road to Damascus and fell of his horse blinded (Acts 9). Moses saw God, over 1 million Jews saw and heard God, etc. They never saw His face or even saw Him in true form because no one can see God and live. We'd be disintegrated where we stood. But what they were allowed to see and hear was so mind blowing and awesome their response was to fall over as if dead. Who could stand to their feet confronted with the living God?

There are those in the Bible who saw angels and their typical response was to fall down on their faces because the sight was so awesome and terrifying even of just the angels. When Daniel saw an angel he fell over and the angel had to tell him to get to his feet (Daniel 10:6-11)

When John saw an angel he did the same thing and was rebuked by the angel... 
"Do not do it! I am a fellow servant with you and with your brothers the prophets and of all who keep the words of this book. Worship God!" Revelation 22:9
Now look at Copeland's experience.  The God of the universe, Jesus Christ walks into his bathroom while he's shaving and there's absolutely no response from Copeland other than to keep shaving. Kenneth Copeland's a liar, deceiver and false prophet as are all the others to claim to have had similar experiences with God. I didn't even address the heresy about Jesus being "born again in hell". I'll have to save that for another time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I'd love to hear your thoughts. Unfortunately, due to spam, comments are moderated so may not appear right away. Thank you for taking the time to share and for understanding! Comments that are vulgar and/or disrespectful will not be published.

Disclaimer: I do not condone the teaching of men by women nor am I trying to exercise authority over men by using this blog as a method of teaching men. All posts are for the edification of women. For more on what I believe concerning this issue please see: Women - No Dominion Over Men
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitors