RSS Feed
Up for a Bible challenge this month? Want to participate then share your reports of what God is doing? Then click HERE!

My new place and I have a squatter

I spent my first night in my new place last night. The cable guy was late yesterday, but at least I have cable now. So I was excited and nervous all at once I could hardly sleep, but around 3 am I was tired enough to try. I laid down in my bed and turned on "Coraline" and I eventually fell asleep. Then I woke up to Squiggy my cat standing on my chest. He's a big boy and weighs almost 20 pounds. He was staring at something and crouched down on me. I looked back toward the wall and there was a huge centipede on my headboard.
I freaked! I jumped up so fast Squiggy fell on the floor. I turned on the light and stared at it like it was gonna do a trick or something. Half asleep, not really knowing what to do, I grabbed my flip flop and hit it. It was huge though and didn't squash like a little bug. I heard it! I was so grossed out at this point, my skin was crawling, Squiggy ran under the bed to check out the remains that fell, I ran into the living room brushing myself off like a crazy person making a weird "disgusted" sound and stood there not knowing what to do.

I had no Raid or anything so I grabbed my hair spray from the bathroom, ran back in my room, got down on my hands and knees and scooted it out into the open with my flip flop. It was still twitching and Squiggy was still stalking it. I screamed and sprayed it with hairspray. I swear I must've used half a can. I stopped, stared at it all curled up. It twitched again, I screamed again and hit it again with my flip flop. It was finally dead. I was too weirded out to pick it up even with tissue and there was no way I was sleeping in my bed. For all I know that thing made several treks across my face before ending up on the headboard. I grabbed my blanket and went into the living room where I shook out the blanket so much that I even thought it was excessive. I laid down on the sofa and turned on the small TV. "Drag Me to Hell" was on and I started watching it.

After the centipede and that crazy old battle axe in the movie I couldn't go back to sleep. Around 7:30 am I got dressed and drove to Walmart where I bought a gallon spray jug of Raid. I set it on the counter and the lady goes "Man that's a big jug." And I need every bit of it. I went home, sprayed the crap out of my room. I have a perimeter marked off all the way around my bed. No insect is now gonna get within 6 feet of my bed. I even sprayed the legs, the headboard and the walls. Nothing's crossing that line! I figure if I keep it sprayed at least once every 4-5 days I should be good

So my first night in my new place and things didn't go so well, but I did get rid of one boarder who I'm sure had no plans to contribute to the household expenses. If the next one has a job we'll talk...
Disclaimer: I do not condone the teaching of men by women nor am I trying to exercise authority over men by using this blog as a method of teaching men. All posts are for the edification of women. For more on what I believe concerning this issue please see: Women - No Dominion Over Men
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitors